Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Get A Broom & Lift The Rug


Its a shame to me how when illegal drugs come into play with athletes that depending on who it is you may not even see any action taken toward them. In this case A-Rod was taking "ILLEGAL DRUGS" to perform as he stated in front of a camera to the nation and I really doubt that we will see anything happen to him. I think its wrong that anyone uses drugs to gain an advantage in anyway and I think that there are many "MANY" more in all sports but I do half way commend him for not fighting it and just saying "yes I did it." That doesnt make it alright however. Action should be taken against him and anyone that admits to or get caught taking performance enhancing drugs.


While I am on drugs lets talk about the human fish. This is the second time he has got into trouble. The first time was under age drinking and driving and now smoking marijuana. The first charge was well...read the title of this...and now he gets a "3 MONTH BAN" What on earth is that!? As an athlete I think this is the biggest joke of a ban that an athlete can get. It would have been better if they did nothing at all. He gets banned right up until its time to go and qualify for the world championships this year. Wow...how convenient or is it just me? Phelps is from Balitmore just as I am but I know if that were me I would have got it a whole lot worse.

Goes to show that it is still about who you are and what you have.

1 comment:

Coach D said...

My take on it all? Yawn! Baseball is the dirtiest sport in the WORLD. They keep dancing around it and we in track keep letting them slap us around. Damn that. Money does not intimidate me. Baseball is a dirty sport run by crooked men. Has been for a century.
I am disappointed in ARod, he is one I like. And yes, I am surprised.
Good thing I HATE baseball. Too bad ARod hired a pr firm that advised him badly and now has him caught up in lies. Damn that sounds real familiar, hmmmmmm!