Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mole Of The Meet - April 07

I have not formally given a #MoleOfTheMeet to anyone since the indoor season when Mary Cain, who is a 16 tear old high school athlete, won the USA indoor national championship while beating a bunch of women, that's right, grown women who get paid to be professionals in the sports of T&F!



Why did I choose to call it Mole? Well, Moles have very small brains and when I see certain things happening on the track...I just don't think they required much thought. Get it? Good. OK now moving right along...


Now I just so happen to be scrolling through twitter yesterday and I saw this picture:



Initially this was my though: "Just what in the hell is DeeDee doing in the air looking like she is about to grace some sand with a landing?" It appears she had been running at what should have been somewhere near full speed down a runway actually participating in an actual Long Jump competition. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? Then I thought, maybe it was a Photoshop picture. I just knew this wasn't DeeDee doing the Long Jump. However it was and I was wrong...

Now let me first preface what I am about to say...

I got much love for DeeDee because she is a wonderful cool down to Earth person...

...but Long Jumping is NOT what she should be doing!

Maybe its me but, wasn't she the 2012 Olympic bronze medalist in the 400m? Isn't she pushing 31 years old? Has she not been one of the best 400m runners on the planet since about 2004? I think I have the right person, don't I? So I also read an article and she said she was bored. Ummm...how are you bored? You just won your very "first" individual major championship medal. Bored...are you serious? Really? You've been hurt for a few years and not you seem to have got back healthy now. You were suppose to been putting it down this fall ready for the summer of 2013. You know the year after the Olympic games they have this thing called a World Championship where they will be awarding more medals and a possible 60K if you win? Not to mention, if you have an Olympic medal, you're suppose to be getting appearance fees every time you step on the track!

Naw, nope, no sir! You would rather run about 40 meters, jump and making booty cheek prints in the sandbox. Come on now...You haven't jumped since college and your PR in the Long Jump isn't even over 20 feet. Stop it right now! 31 is not the time to start changing things up, especially if that change isnt for the better. There is no place for 19 foot Long Jumps by a professional who is world class. You need to get back to doing what she has been one of the best in the world at for quite some time now and that's running around that oval making them two left turns. Dust off those long chocolate legs, put on your sprint spikes and  get in the blocks. Say it with me...LANES not RUNWAY! Like I said, I got much love for you, but DeeDee Trotter, you get Mole Of The Meet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

EXCELLENT COMMENTARY SIR CARTER.... MELAINE WALKER THE 2008 OLYMPIC 400M HURDLES CHAMPION AND 2009 WORLD CHAMPION ..NOW WANTS TO DO 100 AND 200METERS, HER COACH STEPHEN FRANCIS SAYS NO, SO SHE HAS LEFT THE MVP CLUB HERE IN JAMAICA. IT SEEMS ITS THE YEAR FOR DRASTIC CHANGES (JEREMAIN BROWN SPORTS JOURNALIST, TELEVISION AND RADIO JAMAICA)

James Carter said...

Not a good move...but then again, its been done before.

Unknown said...

Isn't that what Tianna Madison did? From jumps to sprints that is.

James Carter said...

Tianna was good when she switched though...