Thursday, April 30, 2009

Someone In Track & Field Doesn't Like Me...AND HERE IS PROOF!!!

Here is proof someone just doesn't like me...Prepare yourself!!! Now I am not saying someone at Nike doesn't like me but this sure doesn't make sense...

I asked a question years ago when I saw Felix Sanchez wearing a custom track spike while running. My question was...

James - "What does an athlete have to do to get those?"

John Doe - "You have to get a medal."

At that point I said OK I want a medal and my own shoes! So I went after a medal and didn't get it in 2004 but in 2005 I finally made the award stand at the World Championships. This is Nike I am talking about. No other athletes from other companies shall be listed...

2004 400H medalist
Felix Sanchez - Gold (custom spikes)
Naman Keita - Bronze (custom spikes)

2005 400H medalist
Bershawn Jackson - Gold (custom spikes)
James Carter - Silver (NEVER HAD A SPIKE MADE)
Dai Tamesue - Bronze (has custom spikes)

2007 400H medalist
Kerron Clement - Gold (had spike before medal was won in 2006)
Felix Sanchez - Silver (had custom spikes)

2008 400H medalist
Angelo Taylor - Gold (has his own spikes)
Kerron Clement - Silver (ref. 2007 year medalist)
Bershawn Jackson - Bronze (ref. 2005 year medalist)

Is it just me...You be the judge

8 comments:

Nigel "6five" Bigbee said...

Dang, they playin you J. You should get a plain white pair of spikes and draw up on them. lol make yo own spike

Anonymous said...

J - everyone sleeps in the beds that they have made. Felix isn't a good example for your complaint because he's a freaking national hero. And he's pretty too.

If someone could place a monetary amount on the damage you did to your brand in the 2000 semi's, "your own shoe" would certainly be one of the casualties. If the shoe fits.... You asked. You put it out there.

Nigel "6five" Bigbee said...

HAHA how you gone say somethin like that then not post your name? As Diddy would say, that's some bitchassness right there.

Raphew said...

your performances over the years out weigh the medal, all the BS is the art of the biz homie, as for the other haters, this is a sport so what happen in 2000 is sports, this not church or little league, they need to deal with it, they dont like it they should been in front of you. Like your boi said hit that jackie joyner get a plain spike and write em lol

James Carter said...

Anonymous...It seems as though 6Five is right but as far as what you have said...trust what I did in 2000 isnt as bad as what some people have done in track and field. They dirt just hasnt surfaced yet ;)

James Carter said...

...and by the way I did use more then just Felix in what I wrote Jackass!

Anonymous said...

http://trackandfieldphoto.com/DisplayJpg.php?070224_2129_0908_RLM&next=1 soooo when were all black bigbrothas not custom?

James Carter said...

The are custom...just as the uniform that was not a nike issued uniform that year. They were painted to hide all everything nike since I was not sponsored at the time. You welcome :)