Monday, September 6, 2010

ETIQUETTE

(pronounced [,eti'ket]) is a code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group.

I have been seeing many different people talking about proper "etiquette" when it comes to certain things like Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and many other social sites and businesses. Now I have never been one to tell anyone how to live they life. I will most likely always comment on something that may seem strange and might go, "what in the hell..." or I may even laugh at something but never one to just be like, "ok everyone you need to start living your life like this..."

I neven have a problem with people that try to tell you what to believe in as far as religious beliefs, how to pray, who to pray to and all that. I am the first to tell you I am not the most holy person on Earth & I know some people are going to have a problem with what I am about to type but bare with me...I think some religious people need to take a step back on how they praise their beliefs towards other people. Who are you to tell me how I should praise? I honestly think that someones beliefs should not be any of my business unless they share it with me. Now after they share that is something different but I am still not one to judge.

Example:
Person 1 - Hey miss how are you doing?
Person 2 - Oh I am just so blessed this morning. Jesus woke me up and he is just so wonderful...(and then follows a 10 minute conversation)
Sometimes people just seem to take it too far to me...I dont know maybe its just me

Now I am straight forward when it comes to most things that go down in life with religious beliefs, how you carry yourself, what you do for a living, sexual preference and things like that. This is what I always say..."Respect me & I will respect you." Its just that simple to me. I have always believed that if you want something you first have to give something. So if I give respect then I expect it back and if you show it to me then you will sure enough get it back.

Back to my original point...Etiquette. If you have a business and you running it the way you want and you are being successful, then that is just great! If you have a business and its going well and you see someone else with a similar business that isnt going as well as yours is...Mind your damn business! (pun is intended) The last thing someone wants to hear is how someone else doing what they doing is doing so much better. However...if they come to you and ask you a question or two about how they could improve then thats different. That is someone in search of improvement. By all means lend a hand. Now that doesnt mean if you see someone doing something that might be harmful to themselves that you shouldnt go to them. All my true friends know and I tell them...If you see me messing up or doing something that might seem a bit off or harmful to me (cause sometimes I do go a little to far) pull me to the side and say something. If we on that level then by all means you have the right to slap me upside the head and say get it together fool!

I just have an issue with people that just voluntarily try to tell random people how they should be doing something. I have had it happen to me on numerous times and I look at people with that "Who in the f--- are you?!" Not to say people arent trying to help because I know sometimes thats most of the time all it is. Some people just have a way of coming off like they so much better then you when they explaining something. If I was approached by Bill Gates & a regular person off the streets who you think I am listening to first?

Quite simple people...have your stuff in order for you first and foremost. Sometimes its not quite proper "etiquette" its just someone trying to act like they no every damn thing.

No comments: