Friday, July 31, 2009

Drugs Again...Really? LOL

Since I have stepped down I have seen on television and read in news articles that there have been more names to surface in the MLB and around 5 T&F athletes from Jamaica to come out in track and field with PED's. Is this a surprise to me...of course not! Like I have said in the past I know what I know and even though it might not be able to prove it, I still know. I have also read many message boards where people have things to say about me that make me laugh and I thank you for that. However, I have never been the type of person to say something that is false to make myself feel better about something that I just can not do. If I can not I will simply say, "I can not." If I get beat I will say, "I got beat." A few years ago I stopped shaking hands after races and sometimes even saying anything because it was hard to tell if winners were cheaters. I didn't mean any disrespect but sometimes it is hard to tell.

When someone does something "amazing" it is always exciting to see. I mean who doesn't like an amazing performance? But it is for that reason that PED's exist in not only T&F but in sports as a whole. People pay to see "amazing" People pay to see "wow" People pay to see "Oh my God!" If people went to any type of sporting event and didn't see that they would feel as though it was boring and or even a waste of there money and time. So how do you keep fans coming back? That's right...you have to create amazing, wow and oh my God! It exist everywhere and the natural athlete that has worked hard from the time they started training after they have taken a break from the previous season to the end of the next season will always suffer and miss out on what they could have had because of this.

No comments: